Mid year career discussion time!
It’s time for MYCD where I work. Details of what happens are here .
I decided to extend MYCD and carry out this critical exercise for all my employees as well. Since none of them are web savvy, I take the liberty to post the feedback online .
Employee 1- My maid
I rated my maid as achieved 70% for this half year.
– I felt she has to potential to reach the exceeded bucket by including some minor changes into the way she works.
– I pointed out to her that predictability was one of her weak points and something that she could improve upon. I even suggested to her various tools and tricks that would help her in achieving this goal.
– I told her that she should be more open and receptive to feedback and not respond in unparlimentary language when asked to do something more.
– I pointed out that there was a lot of work to be done and that oppurtunity was practically endless. I also said that we have sufficient budgetary funding for level growth in her pipe.
In the end, I announced a 0% hike. She didnt take to it kindly – As I mentioned above, this is one of the areas for improvement.
Employee 2: My newspaper wala
I rated my newspaper wala as achieved 70% but in the lowest bucket.
– I pointed out to him that the irregularity in his work was appaling and showed clear lack of passion. I gave him a good speech on what an important job he is doing . Delivering news is a big responsibility and not something everyone can do.
– I also told him that his unwillingness to achieve his stretch goal showed he wasnt interested. I recounted how I had given him an oppurtunity to deliver magazines as well to me but he left it at priority 4 and never got it done.
– I gave him multiple evidences of the newspaper not coming on time, not coming neatly bundled , coming wet and told him to apply himself a bit more on his job.
I summarized that he stood the risk of sliding into the bottom 10% of my employees which wouldnt be good for his career. I refrain from publishing his response here.
Employee 3: My watchman
I rated my watchman as underperformed stage 1.
– I pointed out his failure to do his basic duty of opening the gate when I drove up was unpardonable and had gravely affected his review feedback.
– I also pointed that his habit of asking for “mamool” for every festival bordered on bribery. I explained our compensation system to him and how it was essential to follow performance based rewards.
– I told him in no uncertain terms that his habit of being drunk on most nights was going to end his career under my employment. I said I never had problems with a little peg here or there when off duty but drinking on the job is a strict no no and would have to be escalate to HR.
I told him that it would be a good idea for him to find a job elsewhere before I had to let go of him. His response opened my eyes to forms of abuse I have never known.
Thus, I completed MYCD for all my employees. I am sure they love me as a manager and will surely reflect this fact when they give manager feedback!
Filed under: Uncategorized | 18 Comments